Communications and PR SpecialistLos Angeles, California
What we’re building
Our vision is to electrify all waterborne vessels, and we're starting with electric water sport boats.
Gas boats dominate today’s marine industry not because of great product offerings but because of a lack of better alternatives. Boaters have grown accustomed to vehicles that feel stuck in the 1980s: unreliable, expensive, loud, noxious, and a nightmare to own and operate. They’re also awful for the water and air they reside in.
By contrast, electric boats are superior in nearly every way: not only are they far more reliable and less costly to operate, but they’re also quieter, quicker, and cleaner, with no fumes or pollutants. However, they’ve been held back by both the technology and the talent to make them truly competitive with gas alternatives. That’s Arc’s opportunity.
Using modern, aerospace- and automotive-inspired techniques, we’re building our hulls, batteries, cooling systems, firmware, and software together to deliver the next generation of watercraft.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone that is excited by our vision, eager for a challenge, and willing to learn on the job. We pride ourselves on transparency and operate in a lean, high-trust environment that encourages everyone to take ownership over their domain.
As our Communications & PR Specialist your role will encompass a wide range of responsibilities, including press and media relations, internal and external communications, and communications strategy development. You will work directly with the Marketing Lead to define and position our company and products in the public eye. This role is perfect for a communications professional with proven media experience and a strong track record of placing high-impact stories to raise awareness and accelerate adoption of our company and products. This role will work from our manufacturing facility in Los Angeles.
Given that we’re a startup, you will be working in a fast-moving, dynamic environment that requires adaptability. That said, here are some responsibilities and qualifications we expect to stay relatively constant for this role.
- Creating a clear narrative for our company, brand, technology, products, and vision
- Crafting messaging that appropriately positions Arc with all external audiences
- Cultivating and managing relationships with key press, partners and influencers
- Serving as an on-record spokesperson for Arc, and training other potential spokespersons for media interviews
- Developing written materials, including product messaging, metrics, case studies, FAQs, blog posts, and other collateral.
- Maintaining crisis communication protocols and leading responses
- Investing in internal communications to keep employees informed and engaged
- Keeping a finger on the pulse of local, industry, and competitor chatter and news
- Bachelor's degree in communications, PR, journalism, or related field
- Excellent and prolific writing and editing skills
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on communications, PR, or related work experience
- Strong team player and creative thinker, with proven ability to work cross functionally
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change
- A track record of delivering measurable success using communications initiatives and campaigns
- Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing and executing simultaneous projects and activities
- Curiosity and ability to think creatively, flexibility, and a sense of humor
- Enthusiasm for boating and clean energy
- Comfortable pushing a fast but sustainable pace
- Enthusiasm for boating and clean energy
At Arc, we encourage diversity and consider all qualified applicants equally for employment, regardless of background, identity, or status. You’re always welcome to reach out even if you don’t meet many of these qualifications. Passion and aptitude make up for a lot.
What we value
We value these five things above all else:
- Ownership over both your work and the company’s success
- Empathy for colleagues and for customers
- Humility in problem solving and collaboration
- Pragmatism for navigating ambiguity quickly and sensibly
- Inclusion of different backgrounds, opinions, cultures, etc.
Given that we work in a sometimes intense or stressful environment, it’s vital that our values align. We’d be happy to elaborate on any or all of these during the interview process.
What you’ll get
- Talented teammates that challenge you to be better
- Access and often input to a wide range of business activities
- Salary between $85,000 and $145,000
- A meaningful equity stake
- An opportunity to have an outsized impact on industry-defining vehicles
- The ability to drive positive environmental change through your work
- Nearly free health insurance (we cover 99%) and a 401k
- Generous parental leave
- Daily lunches, plenty of snacks, lots of swag, and more
- Boat rides!
Hope to hear from you soon!
The crew at Arc